Saturday, May 12, 2012

Starting Over

I think one of the major issues I have had in keeping up with this blog was actually finding a direction of where I wanted the blog to go. I feel like I just needed a purpose to my blogging.

I toyed with many different possibilities. A travel blog. A happy Mormon mommy blog. A recipe blog. A knitting blog. A political blog. A curling blog. 

Oh, the places I could go!

After much contemplation, I think I have finally found one - my passion!

FASHION.

And I am going to start today (!!!) with a TOP 10 Hot Summer Fashions that you should be sure to incorporate into your wardrobe for a sizzlin' summer!

Ready to take notes? You should be.


1. Aprons are the IN accessory this season! That is why I am wearing two! Aprons can get quite pricey, depending on where you purchase them. So if you can only afford one - that is sooo okay!


2. Solid-colored two-piece bathing suits is where it is at! Make sure you pick out a color that works with your skin tone. Purple works really, really well with pastey-white, as you can clearly see. 


3. They say black is slimming - and it is so true! Garbage sacks are a great way to express your inner Lady GaGa, but in a more conservative manner. 


4. Layered Pants. You might think this is a strange combo for summer, but they are oh-so-in! (Kind of like when shorts and Uggs were all the craze.} 


5. If garbage sacks are too out there for you, you can also use a slimming, black cloak. We all knew that Harry Potter revolutionized the literature world, and now it's hitting the fashion world with a big bang!


6. This amazing fashion trend is one that has been long overdue! For decades your dog has been able to sport a cone, and now (!!!), you finally can too! Although, don't be fooled. This does not impede you from being able to scratch or lick yourself at all. Maybe one day they can make a more progressive one that serves both purposes, but for now this will have to do! So enjoy it!



7. Any and ALL Beach Boys paraphernalia will make you an immediate, epic FASHION ICON.


8. While sweat pants and jammies have always been OUT, gym shorts and t-shirts promoting a college student running for office are IN, IN, IN!! It immediately brings your age back to 20 when YOU were a college student, regardless of how old you actually are or how old you look. Anti-aging secret - revealed! Give it a go!


9. One-piece jammies! This is only recommended for home with AC, naturally. 

And finally ...


10. GOTH-IT-UP! Now, I am sure you remember the goth kiddos being a little whacked up back in your day, but NOW ... Oh, now! All the kids with the pumped up kicks are Gothin-it-up! It is one sure way to have a HOT summah! 

So, what are you waiting for? Get to it!

5 comments:

  1. Now this was funny! Made me laugh out loud kind of funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look good in anything. I hope you write more and that you don't mind that I read this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. STACI!!!!!
    I feel so privileged to be in this blog post..
    I miss you like crazy,time is going by so fast! love you today stac!!
    love, Josee edwards. efy 2010

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the laugh!! This is TOO funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also think the jean jacket I'm sporting in the "one-piece jammies" picture should also be featured:

    Nothing says "I love the 90's" like a retro, acid-wash, jean jacket!!! Made popular by Zack Morris (If you don't know who that is you are too young to be reading this) these jackets are making their comeback. Although very hard to find, they are worth their weight in GOLD!

    ReplyDelete