Thursday, April 8, 2010

GLEE: the return...finally!


5 DAYS AND COUNTING til the greatest tv night of my life!!!!!! I have been looking forward to this day for at least 6 months. You might consider me a junkie. A Gleek. This could probably be a very true statement. But it appears I've been this way for a considerable part of my life.

When I was in junior high, Dad would come home from Thursday night meetings pretty late, usually at 9:40 pm, which was the exact moment of the climax of NBC's ER. I watched it religiously. And he would always say, "Oh my gosh! You're such a junkie!" I'd think, "I know Dad. Be quiet! It's the most important part!"

Can you really blame me for falling in love with a show that has over 8 million viewers, the winner of multiple SAG Awards, Golden Globes, and nominations longer than Santa's list? Not to mention the Top 40 songs and the fact that it's a high school show choir? ("There is nothing sarcastic about show choir!!" -Rachel). Besides it brings me back to my high school show choir days. Yes, I'm a Gleek. But fortunately, i've never been slushied. I prefer to enjoy them during the show.

2 comments:

  1. OK. So I was really trying to comment on your previous post but couldn't figure out how to do it and then tried something and had to ask them to retrieve my password but now the blog people won't let me post and it's probably because I'm somewhat (OK a lot) illiterate in the computer department. ANYWAYS. . . what I want to say is that you are such a gifted writer! I love your style :o) Thanks for letting us peek into your world. Looking forward to more posts...
    xoxoxo,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are fellow GLEEKS too! LOVE the show! One of my students was on the Highway to Hell episode as a dancer from the other school. Cool, huh? Any time you want a Glee party, you are invited over to watch! :) PS - are my denim leos on sale yet?

    ReplyDelete